Workcation travel, which combines work and vacation, has become increasingly popular in recent years. This type of travel allows you to work remotely while exploring new destinations or simply taking a break from your usual routine. Finding the right long-term lodging option is a crucial aspect of planning a successful workcation. Here’s a guide to some of the common lodging options you can consider:
- Vacation Rentals: a. Airbnb: Airbnb offers a wide range of vacation rentals, including apartments, houses, and unique properties. You can rent a space for an extended period and enjoy the comforts of home while working remotely. b. Vrbo (Vacation Rental by Owner): Vrbo is similar to Airbnb and focuses on entire homes and properties for vacation rentals. long term accommodation melbourne
- Extended Stay Hotels: a. Many hotel chains offer extended stay options, such as Marriott Residence Inn, Hilton Homewood Suites, and IHG Candlewood Suites. These hotels provide amenities like a kitchenette, a work desk, and laundry facilities. b. Extended stay hotels often offer discounts for longer stays and are designed to cater to business travelers and remote workers.
- Co-living Spaces: a. Co-living spaces like WeWork’s WeLive and Roam offer a unique combination of housing and co-working environments. These spaces foster a sense of community and can be ideal for remote workers looking for a social atmosphere. b. Co-living spaces are available in various global cities, making it easy to work from different locations.
- Vacation Resorts: a. Some resorts offer extended stay packages that include amenities like spacious suites, high-speed internet, and access to recreational activities. b. Consider beach resorts, mountain lodges, or wellness retreats for a balanced workcation experience.
- Home Exchanges: a. Home exchange platforms like HomeExchange and Love Home Swap allow you to swap homes with someone else for a specified period. This can be a cost-effective way to stay in different locations. b. You’ll need to find a like-minded homeowner interested in a similar exchange.
- Remote Work-Friendly Destinations: a. Consider destinations that actively promote remote work. Some countries have introduced special visas and programs to attract digital nomads, making it easier to work from there for an extended period. pet friendly accommodation
- Vacation Rentals with a Co-Working Space: a. Some vacation rentals and boutique hotels have started offering co-working spaces on-site, catering specifically to remote workers. b. These spaces are designed to create a productive work environment while enjoying your vacation.
When choosing your long-term lodging option for a workcation, consider the following factors:
- Internet Connectivity: Ensure that the accommodation has reliable and high-speed internet access, essential for remote work.
- Workspace: Look for a dedicated workspace or a comfortable desk where you can work without distractions.
- Location: Consider the location and its proximity to amenities, attractions, and your work-related needs.
- Length of Stay: Confirm the property’s policy regarding long-term stays and inquire about discounts for extended periods.
- Budget: Set a budget for your workcation and choose accommodation options that fit within your financial plan.
- Amenities: Check for amenities such as a kitchen, laundry facilities, and communal spaces to enhance your workcation experience.
- Health and Safety: Ensure that the accommodation follows health and safety guidelines, especially in light of any ongoing global health concerns.
Remember that planning a workcation is a personal experience, and your choice of lodging should align with your specific needs and preferences. Take the time to research and select the option that suits your work and leisure requirements while exploring new destinations.